Welcome

Welcome to My Coupon Blog!
This is my 10th year couponing and Im still learning things everyday! Glad you stopped by to check it out! Thanks!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Asian Crock Pot Chicken



So as most of you know I am always looking for great new recipes ESPECIALLY Crock Pot ones! I just love being able to create a meal and throw it in and not have to worry about it! I also love meals that are Cheap $5 of less! I figured this meal at $1.50 for 3 chicken breast(on sale a few weeks ago at Food Outlet). .75 for 2 servings of Min Rice.(off brand) and .50 for the broc mac and cheese (on sale at publix in nov) I know the mac and cheese really didnt go, but i really like the broc one! so grand total of $2.75 TOTAL!

So Tonight was Asian Chicken
First a few things to consider, I dont eat Chinese sooo maybe thats why I only give this a C+, Brandon on the other hand LOVES Chinese and Gave it a B+. Its a cross of sweat and sour chicken. Anyway Here is the recipe if your intrested. (oh and yes if your wondering that plate is Halloween that I got for 90% off at Target, .19 and yes we eat off them alot! :)

The recipe calls for any chicken. I used Bonless skinless Breast.
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup soy(i used 3/4 of 1/4 i thought that was a lot of soy!)
1/4 cup sprite
2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup vinagar
Mix all together and pour on Chicken
Crock for 6 hours on Low-- Well Maybe my new digital cooks hotter, but at 4 1/2 it was done! Im very glad i was here or it would have been burned. Also on another note, i will double the sauce next time. It wasnt enough to cover the chicken and i flipped them about 2 hours in.

Anyway something new!

BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment